(This page is dedicated to projects and things I am doing and working on now…inspired by http://nownownow.com/)
Current Status: Focused
On-Going Daily Practices
- Wake up earlier each day without needing an alarm clock. My goal is to be a 5 AM riser. I am currently hovering around 7 AM. Going to bed earlier is also key to this and getting close to 8 hours of sleep. Waking up early before anyone starts the day gives me time to get a lot more done before I get bombarded with emails, tasks, etc.
- Meditate at least once per day morning and night for minimum 20 minutes. It helps me focus and be more creative. Plus billionaire hedge fund manager Ray Dalio said it is the most important thing he does each day and he’s not the first successful person to say such a thing. Do you still think meditation is for hippies? 🙂
- Do something active daily. Because I work from home and am mostly sitting at a computer I try to do something active each day. Currently, I workout 3x per week following a plan from a friend and personal trainer over at Heroically Fit. Twice a week, I practice Martial Arts in Hollywood FL.
- Meat Free and Healthier Diet. I am a vegetarian. I went cold turkey (saw what I did there?) in November 2015 to stop eating meat after a bit of influence of watching too many Netflix documentaries on the meat and other industries. I also wanted to experiment and test the effects on my body. So far more energy and less fatigue during the day to be more productive. Definitely no more food comas in the afternoon.
- Read at least 30 minutes a day. I love to read but I get busy during the day, so I usually have a book next to my bed that I read at least 30 minutes before bed. This actually helps me fall asleep instead of staring at a phone screen (which is bad for your eyes and health). Doing this helps me get through at least a 2-3 books a month. My girlfriend is starting to complain about where we are going to put all the books I’m stockpiling. I may have to build furniture with them or donate 🙂 Click here for a full list of book’s I’ve already read.
- Be more present and engaged. Focus is key to success. I’ve stopped using Social Media cold turkey to focus on important things. I am also putting away my phone when hanging out with friends and family, and starting up conversations with strangers at a local Starbucks instead of staring at a phone screen like a zombie.
Last updated Dec 30th, 2018.